torsdag 20 september 2007

The power of the fan

Today I was looking for some moodboard material and I thought about a game called Homeworld. It was released a few years ago på Sierra. It's a space strategy game. The plot in short is: your civilization has been destroyed you only have one mothership left and you need to find a new place to live. It was truly an amazing game, atmosphere, gameplay, music , everything was balanced really well. So then as the experienced researcher I am I tapped into the collective memory known as Youtube. With great success I found not only footage from Homeworld but also footage from a Battlestar Galactica mod for it. It looks amazing, fans of the series created this add-on to a great game and enhanced not only the original game but gave more value to the TV show, at least that's was what I thought. I spent the next few hours looking at outtakes from old BSG shows and reminiscing, that if anything has to be a proof of value. It's just a wonderful symbiotic relationship. I was blown away by the passion and the geekiness of it all. But also the power of it. Fans extending their fantasy with whatever tools they could find. I love it, and I love the way you can stumble upon such joy.

So I bring you Battlestar Galactica: Fleet Commander


And of course the final scene of Season 3: All along the watchtower

Etiketter:

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida